How to Make a Modern Kitchen
Having a more modern kitchen makes your home appear cleaner and more inviting, and can greatly enhance its value. There are a number of ways to modernize kitchen appearance.
Here are some ways TRICO PAINTING has helped Roseville, CA, homeowners and HOAs transform their kitchens and make their space more beautiful.
How to Modernize Your Kitchen
Kitchen Cabinet Painting
Professional kitchen cabinet painting is a fantastic way to make kitchens appear more modern without costly cabinet replacement or reconstruction. You can make this happen in numerous ways, depending on your taste and style:
- Paint Color Selection: According to interior design experts, gray is a favorite kitchen cabinet color for many homeowners. It's modern, makes a bold impression, and still leaves a clean look. You can choose a variety of contrasting colors (darker gray, white or off-white, or light blue, for example), and there are plenty of ways to add personal touches. Another modern cabinet paint color choice is to focus on a lighter color palette, to allow kitchen lighting and natural light to "open up" the room and make it look even cleaner and brighter.
- Kitchen Cabinet Top Coat: Clear coat for kitchen cabinets adds another layer of durability and gives your cabinets sleekness and shine. We can recommend a top coat based on how high-gloss you want your kitchen cabinets to be.
Decor, Details, Lighting Fixtures, and Countertops
Painting kitchen cabinets will go a long way toward modernizing the look of your kitchen, but only if dated decor doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.
Working with a decorator or designer to bring other elements of your kitchen up-to-date will give your modern kitchen makeover a seamless, high-impact effect. Modern kitchen decor can mean a variety of things, but often includes:
- Minimalism: Less is more. Decluttering and simplifying gives kitchens, kitchen islands, and bar areas a more modern look right away.
- Statement Pieces: Choosing a focal point, whether it's artwork, lighting fixtures, or backsplashes, draws the eye without overwhelming the senses.
- Countertops and Appliances: Depending on how long you've lived in your space, your countertops and kitchen appliances may be showing their age. Replacing and refreshing them can have a dramatic effect on the overall appearance of your kitchen.
- Get the Details Right: Leave no stone unturned when it comes to making your kitchen look more modern. Don't forget about trim painting, door and drawer handles, and sink fixtures when making design, decorating, and painting decisions.
Painting Ceilings and Doors
Another thing we love about painting modern kitchens is adding pops of color in unexpected places. There are a lot of ways you can do this, and two, in particular, you may want to consider:
- Ceiling Painting: Kitchen ceiling paint draws the attention upward, adding a greater sense of space and dimension to the room. You can choose kitchen ceiling paint colors based on your color palette, and make your final decisions based on whether you want your ceiling to complement or contrast with the other paint colors and finishes in your kitchen.
- Door Painting: If you have doors leading into your kitchen, a fresh coat of kitchen door paint is in order to tie the newly-modernized room together. Door painting is a great opportunity for natural wood refinishing, bold colors, or the contrasting color in your palette, depending on your other color, texture, and finish choices.
Modern Kitchen Painting Without the Stress
A key aspect of modern painting and decor is smooth, sleek finishes. And professional kitchen cabinet painting by TRICO PAINTING will deliver outstanding results, without the stress and mess of DIY kitchen painting.
We remove all doors, drawers, and hardware before starting, so we can apply evenly and eliminate the risk of drips and runs. We can paint kitchen ceilings, doors, and trim, too, bringing you that much closer to your goal without having to juggle multiple painting contractors.
Even if you're not able to replace countertops and appliances right away, checking kitchen painting off your list will help you get inspired and take a lot off your plate. We can make color and finish recommendations, too, so you'll know what to expect every step of the way. Ready to get to work on your dream kitchen? Contact TRICO PAINTING for your kitchen painting estimate today.